e-mail

stitchesbystacy@hotmail.com

Friday, February 18, 2011

A Teacher's Gift

My oldest son, Carter, has the best teacher this year. Her name is Mrs. Thomas. I have never met a teacher with more enthusiasm and love for the kids in her class. Carter wakes up on Saturday mornings and is disappointed because he doesn't get to go to school. When I visit the classroom, I don't want to leave either! There is something magnetic about her teaching style. The way she talks to the kids puts a smile on my face and makes me feel happy inside. Because Mrs. Thomas has a special place in Carter's heart, I wanted to make her something memorable for Christmas. I found this pattern in the October issue of Crochet Today. You can also find it at http://www.crochettoday.com/crochet-patterns/book-bag-apple-cozy.

I lined the inside of the bag and handles with a coordinating fabric. Then Carter and I went shopping for teaching supplies. He had a ball picking out stickers, pens, post-its and fancy paper clips. He would have bought Mrs. Thomas the entire store if he could have. He is my gift giver!
This project is very similar to the owl hats only upside down. I'm thinking the owl hats would make super cute bags also. They would be a lot smaller and fun for younger ones to carry library books or coloring supplies in. I think I'm on to something!

No comments:

Post a Comment