e-mail

stitchesbystacy@hotmail.com

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Dresses On The Brain!

It's hard for me to admit, but after having two boys, I had my heart set on a baby girl. Third time's a charm, right!? In my head I was thinking, "hopfully there won't have to be a 4th." Yes, I was willing to go that far for a girl. Don't get me wrong, I would have been excited and happy even if it was a boy. But that moment, when the ultrasound tech told us she was 100% sure we were going to have a girl, my heart skipped a beat. The thoughts of a mother-daughter relationship started taking over my brain. Not to mention all the dresses, bows and baby dolls. After finding out Lillian was on the way, my obsession with crochet took another turn. I could not stop crocheting baby dresses, hats, shoes........ you name it, I was making it! Even a mobile with crocheted birds to hang from her canopy!


I found the pattern for these 3 dresses at http://www.crochetgarden.com/. This website is a great source if you're looking for a little girl dress pattern. The middle one was Lillian's Easter dress last year. The great thing about this pattern is that the straps extend and she can still wear it today! I'm working on another purple one right now for my niece's 1st birthday. These baby dresses are my all time favorite gift to give! Okay, so who's having a girl?!

1 comment:

  1. oh girl, you make me wanna a girl more than i already do! we find out thursday! however, it won't be public until after our family knows on sunday! these are so adorable! thanks so much for sharing your talent!! i look forward to all your new posts!! :)

    ReplyDelete