e-mail

stitchesbystacy@hotmail.com

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Mommy Time

After the birth of my daughter, I felt the need to focus less on baby dresses and more on a dress for myself. My daughter was born in January 2010 and we were invited to a wedding that would take place in New York in May. I only had a few months to come up with something. In the past, I had made a few articles of clothing for myself but I had never tackled anything quite like I was about to.

I began the search for the perfect dress pattern. I found an elegant, trendsetting, yet traditional lace dress at http://www.interweavestore.com/Crochet/Patterns/Lace-Dress.html.


The dress looks intricate but is actually made up of very basic crochet stitches worked in horizontal bands. The tricky part was finding the perfect yarn. I chose Vanna's Glamour yarn because it has a little bit of sparkle and stretch, not to mention it is very reasonable priced!


I started the dress in March and finished it sometime in April. Here's me modeling my dress. I can't tell you how fun it is to wear something that you put a lot of love into. I will definitely take on a challenge like this again!


7 comments: